Saturday, April 11, 2009

More on the Eastern Garbage Patch


I can not stop thinking about the patches of garbage in our oceans. On Science Friday they were discussing it yesterday as I mentioned before. It was said that the size of all patches in the world combined are as large as the United States.

 I can not fathom it; makes me want to hold on to every bottle-cap every plastic wrapper, every shampoo bottle. We need to really start refilling things again and again. We need more places like Rainbow Groceries. 

Yes, Berkeley Bowl, you will pale in comparison. 

1 comment:

  1. I too have been thinking about this a lot the last few days--- where are the aerials. We needd to have maps and visuals to show people so they can get a real grasp on what is happening - Michele Mician, Sarasota

    ReplyDelete